Condenser boiler

Uh! What! New W-Bs light themselves as many times as needed so also to do all the other models.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

many thanks much appreciated

Reply to
Simon

This will only be true on the very coldest of days (i.e. sub zero outside) since the rest of the time the boilers control systems will be able to meet the heating demand without needing maximum temperature output.

I don't think I have seen my boiler *not* condense yet, even though all the rads were sized for a conventional system.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ed, you replied to my post - I already knew what you said, unfortunately the original poster didn't!

Reply to
Matt

Aren't they required to have a 3 strikes and you're out control.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:01:17 +0100 someone who may be "Doctor Drivel" wrote this:-

I too have read that, almost word for word, in manufacturers' brochures. However, the figures for boilers of similar design and age show that the difference in efficiency between the two is a few percentage points.

As I typed and you snipped, under such conditions a condensing boiler "will behave much like a non-condensing boiler."

Reply to
David Hansen

And they are telling the truth.

Who told you that? What evidence do you have? You have none as that is not the case at all.

And as I wrote, read it again, "A condensing boiler will always be more efficient than a non-condensing boiler, even when not condensing, because the heat exchanger is bigger". It is that simple.

The sedbuk best case non-condensing boiler is 80%, Condensers are getting

92%. Big difference. And that is on a system designed for 80-70 temp differential. Engineer the system for 60-40C and the condensing boiler is "very" efficient, and will beat sedbuk's figures. While non condenser will not get above 80C because the system is designed to run at high temperatures so as "not" to condense.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel