condensate pipe run

Hi

A couple of dumb questions...

  1. would there be any problem with reducing the condesate outlet pipe from 22 mm to 15mm a couple of feet from the boiler, running it under floorboards for approx 30 ft and then feeding into 40 mm kitchen waste pipe? (trap in boiler)

  1. how would i connect the 15mm pipe to the 40mm one?

thanks

DAljit

Reply to
Daljit

If you're having it do a U shaped run I suggest you make it an open standpipe at the boiler end so the condensate waste always has somewhere to go. Otherwise you may find it airlocking and backing up into the boiler which doesn't work too well with water sloshing about in the combustion chamber :-)

You must have all the pipe be in plastic (can you really not run 22mm plastic all the way?). You can go 22mm into a rubber adapter (from screwfix, toolstation and/or BES, I forget which) into 40mm or you can reduce 40mm to solvent-weld overflow (nominal 21.5mm OD) with various standard adapters and join to that with a 22mm push-fit fitting.

Reply to
John Stumbles

On 28 Mar 2007 11:19:20 -0700, "Daljit" mused:

If you want to reduce the condensate pipe size then AFAIAA your only option is a condensate pump which will pump away in some small bore pipe (10mm or so I believe).

You don't.

Reply to
Lurch

My mate had his condensate pipe freeze in a long run of 15mm plastic under the floor where it passed an air-brick and water backed up into the boiler. Ended up rerouting pipe to a nearer drain on outside of house.

Reply to
Ian_m