Condensate drain

I've got a soil stack reasonably close to mine. Is there an easy way of routing the condensate drain into it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

a rubber boss adaptor:

however the above are 40mm pipe, I don't know if you can narrower ones to accept condensate pipe, but you can certainly get them to fit a

40mm pipe (not from Screwfix), so at worst you might need to use two and step down via a bit of 40mm pipe.

May or may not need to be routed via a u-trap, depending on the boiler instructions.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You can certainly get a rubber bung to drop 40mm to 20mm - I used on for exactly that purpose to allow the condensate drain to feed into a washing machine style stand pipe.

Reply to
John Rumm

The Corgi installer who installed my boiler over 3 years ago ran the drain through a boss into the stack - total outdoor length of less than two feet with a good fall. The stack is in an angle between north and west facing walls - no problems yet :-)

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race