Concrete worktops

I've seen the references to this book http://tinyurl.com/xclh in other threads but has anyone here tried it or seen it done in the UK? There was a company at the 100% design show that was showing some sort of concrete worktop product but I suspect the cost benefit would suddenly disappear and you'd be back at the Corian/Granite price level
AJ

They can't mean resin concrete at that price, can they? Why would anyone want ordinary concrete in their worktop?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (anthony james) wrote in message

I've now found it as "cast advanced concretes". Looks very nice but it's 300 per linear metre (60mm wide) plus cutouts plus end finishing plus delivery plus VAT. I seem to have found something more expensive than good stone.
They are building a fibreboard base topped with 2 layers of different concrete and a sealing layer but it's still way out of our price range.