Concrete Floor Repair

Hi, I need to patch up some holes in a concrete floor prior to it being carpeted. Can anyone advise what I should be using in the way of sand / cement to do this and the best mix to use?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Blank

Seal the holes with 1PVA:4 water, then a multi purpose mortar mix should do it.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

If the screed is MOVING where its cracked, put gallons of thinned PVA into the crack before you adjust it cosmetically and surface wise. Leave a week to dry out. Its worth PVA'ing the areas you intend to patch anyway to reduce 'suck' when you re-surface.

Personally tile cement and self levelling compound make the best finish

- the sand is finer in these..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher