Concrete floor problem..

I have just laid a concrete floor and put down the damp proof membrane under the concrete.

It has been about 6-8 weeks since that was done and if i leave anything on the floor, a puddle of water appears. Why is that..

I left a stanley knife and hammer on the floor and the hammer started to rust. The stanley knife had droplets of water on the underside.

Reply to
Shabs

Because it's still drying out. One figure quoted is that slabs take one week per 1/4" thickness to fully dry out, though of course this will vary with temperature and humidity. So if yours is a 4" slab it may take another couple of months or so.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Thanks Tony, that'll explain it then. I must admit, the slab is up to

6 inches in places and with regards to humidity and temperature, it is outside in the cold but it is covered with a roof so that will mean up to 6 months drying time then i think.
Reply to
Shabs