Concrete Crusher Hire

Has anyone hired one of these smallish concrete crushers and can comment on the experience?

has anyone used the output as aggregate for making further concrete, and if so with what results?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

I did once hire a C40 from TCP down in Maldon

I crushed about 25 tons over a long weekend but it was for sub base not aggregate. The smallest this would crush to was 20mm but even at that size I'm not sure it would be any good for aggregate - the stuff that comes out might be 20mm round, but could be 50mm long :-)

Hth

Reply to
somebody

Interesting, and what did they charge you for the weekend?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I would also highly recommend the TCP crusher and I think it was around £248 for a day, although I got an extra day foc. I decided to hire a crusher given the cost and time benefits. See this photo album showing my driveway project from last year.

Some tips would be; Wear ear defenders. The neighbours must have loved 10+ hours of crushing as it really does make strange squeaking and groaning noises. Have a jemmy handy as things will get suck in the machine and you won't feel brave enough to remove these by hand :) Bricks make larger hardcore than concrete. Concrete just pulverises into very fine crushed output.

Reply to
Martyn Pollard

showing my

crushing as

Interesting, many thanks. I wish my area was as small! Literally 100 times that !!!! (actually thinking about it perhaps 200)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

I somehow wangled the weekend for a days hire. £120 per day, £20 quid each way delivery + vat. It was a bank holiday too so they dropped it Friday and collected Tuesday for a single days hire :-)

I see from a different post you've quite a large area to do, FYI we crushed mixed rubble (brick/concrete/slabs/blocks) and it was doing about 8 ton per day.

Hth

Reply to
somebody