Concrete blocks for sloping retaining wall

Hello Folks,

I need to persuade the sides of a mainly dry mill leet (lade, to those of you in the south!) from falling in to it. It's a sort-of retaining wall problem, except that the wall need only be about three feet high and it will slope back by around 30 degrees.

From the train today I saw just teh job: concrete "bricks" which were

curved and longitudinally ribbed on their top and bottom surfaces, so they could be used to foem a sloping and slightly curved wall. They are used in quite a few places on the West Coast Main Line to hold back the lineside around signals, phone installations and the like.

Has anyone any idea what they are caleld or where they come from?

I'm open to other solutions to the problem, by the way!

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Reply to
Ian

I had a site to wiers bookmarked prior to a recent reinstall. Just look up Google images to wiers, leets and etc. You can buy GRP stuff off the shelf. But why not just cast your own, or cut some concrete blocks at a slight angle?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Suggest you contact one of these firms:-

Donwill

Try Atchison glover, they do a dry retaining wall with a good finish to it. It might be good to look out Phi group as well, they might do something similar

Daza

Try Atchison glover, they do a dry retaining wall with a good finish to it. It might be good to look out Phi group as well, they might do something similar

Daza

Reply to
Darryl Bailie