concrete blocks / bricks strength

What strength/density of concrete blocks do I need to match normal bricks ? I want to use some concrete blocks nearly up to ground level and only use blue engineering bricks where they start to show. Will the blocks I need cut OK with a block cutting guillotine ? Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Not sure what density I used, but fine so far. cut em with a mallet and bolster.Angle grinder also works. Never used a gulloitine..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've cut them (inplace) with a hand masonary saw, which went through very quickly. Apparently a wood saw works too for a while, but knackers more quickly (and probably wouldn't be much good for timber afterwards).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If the compressor is running it's not the stat.

Reply to
r.bartlett

Nice to know that ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Unless you're building a high rise it is highly unlikely that you need high strength blocks. Thermalite/Celcon blocks can be used in foundations except in certain soils.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

at.

Guess what??