concertina air leak

Many years ago I was given an east german copy of a Hohner concertina, it now suffers from air leaks.

The problem is in the fabric that forms the corner folds, it has lost its plastic coating. I was wondering about any suggestions for a flexible paint on sealant to apply on the inside?

AJH

Reply to
news

Fraught with danger ...

its probably best if its worth it to get a new bellows for it.

rubber solution MIGHT effect a temporary improvement, but the downsides of it screwing the whole thing up...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll try and get hold of a chap who fixed his own threepenny bit and ask him how he did it. In the absence of any other information, I'd be inclined to try brushing on liquid latex - something like Cow Gum if they still make it - and copious quantities of talcum powder afterwards to stop the folds sticking together.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

In message , snipped-for-privacy@sylva.icuklive.co.uk writes

My daughter plays accordion, so I got interested in repairing an old one some years ago, but I never got very far.

is by a known and sometimes "edgy" man who seemed to know what he was talking about. It might be some help.

rec.music.makers.squeezebox is a bit moribund but wakes up from time to time and helped daughter and I quite a bit when we were starting.

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@sylva.icuklive.co.uk scribbled

Ask an expert

Jonno

I think you should be thankful for small mercies.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I was going to say ask Nick Odell and if that fails try these guys

One of them might have been sober enough to remember my musical performance one New Years Eve at one of their parents house (I played the empty beer cans).

Reply to
ARW

Just to be clear. "one of them" means one of the two owners of "themusicroom" and not Nick Odell.

Reply to
ARW

'Ere - oo you accusing of being sober?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I don't think it's valuable , rather than rubber solution I was wondering about a polyurethane type product, the sort of stuff cagoules were coated with.

AJH

Reply to
news