Computer question

I want to have a calendar, on my pc, which will display events over a year, graph style.

I'm sure this is a simple thing to do but I don't know how.

Any techies here who can put it in easy language?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ask in a computer group perhaps?

Reply to
SJP

as a timeline?

Reply to
Andy Burns

You want someone to code this up for you or you want to hack something together yourself? If the latter, M$Excel is probably the simplest solution

Reply to
visionset

I can't work Excel but I have several grandchildren who can. I'll see if it works.

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Surely as and when you can make a valid contribution to the group may be the time to comments on posts that don't meet your approval.

Until then perhaps it would be best if you just go back to saying and doing nothing.

IMHO of course.

Reply to
unknown

Do you have Outlook? It does what you want if I understand what you want.

Reply to
dennis

Visual Basic might suit a beginner.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Yes.

How?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

um. Sounds very complicated - as though I'd have to use a language. I'm no good at that, never have been. I use Dreamweaver for our website because I need wisiwig:-(

I know when I'm beat - I first tried writing a basic program on a BBC machine. and several others since then.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

lightweight: cybermatrix reminder. command line: nncron lite fat & full featured: sunbird

alt.comp.freeware would be a better place to ask.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Note that Outlook Outlook Express

Click the calendar button, then choose the view you want in the Current View entry of the View menu.

Failing that, loads of freeware ones to choose from:

John Rumm

Have you looked at Google's Diary facility?

Reply to
Roger Cain

See journal

Reply to
dennis

No, I shall. Thank you,

Mary>

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher brought next idea :

Take a look at MS Outlook, if you have it already.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Sorry, I thought you wanted a DIY solution. Someone suggested Excel and on second thoughts I agree with them (better than VB). But I think you'd still need to do some of it in VBA.

Unfortunately DW's wysiwyg (note spelling) won't show you what everyone

*else* gets, which is the important thing after all.
Reply to
Mike Barnes

I went to Outlook and hit Calendar but I can't see a way of getting what I want.

I want to mark a particular event which happens every couple of weeks or so into a graph form so that its regularity or otherwise can easily be seen.

I could do it with a & b axes on graph paper but I don't want to have to do it with pencil and paper (because I'd lose it).

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I just did, it has a huge number of features but not what I want.

Thanks anyway,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Excel (or any other spreadsheet - does Google have an online one?)

Col. A = date Col. B = event (put a 1 in for event otherwise leave blank)

Then you can get a graph of dates along the bottom axis and value 0-1 along the side axis, with bars of value 1 for each time the event happens.

More advanced manipulation (look up "grouping" and COUNT() in help) would get you the number of events occurring monthly, etc.

Is this what you want?

Owain

Reply to
Owain