computer clocks

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:21:05 -0800, "mark bay" strung together this:

Try using a decent newsreader, mine doesn't jumble them up if the time is wrong.

Reply to
Lurch

1) Do why are you posting with a Californian time zone (and thus at 07:21 tomorrow, GMT)? 2) Good newsreaders don't *get* confused.
Reply to
Bob Eager

Ooh - how can I change my clock to BST?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

...so when will you be sending the photos of your thrashing! (you are 480 minutes out, so is that 480 thrashes I guess)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

In message , mark bay wrote

Where can we see photos of your punishment?

You posting 8 hours different to the rest of us in the UK?

From your headers Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:21:05 -0800

I suspect that if you are having problems that you haven't bothered to configure your Microsoft software to be somewhere else than the default place in the world - which is somewhere in the USA.

Hint: It's not only the clock that needs to be correct but also the timezone settings.

Reply to
Alan

Sort your time zone out and it might make more sense! ;-)

(Loosing OE would help as well)

Reply to
John Rumm

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:39:54 -0000, "Mary Fisher" strung together this:

Wait till summertime.

Reply to
Lurch

"John Rumm" wrote | (Loosing OE would help as well)

What, setting it free to run around the world unhindered by fetters?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Don't be so boring.

And learn to spell.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:01:22 -0000, "Mary Fisher" strung together this:

Eh? What you twittering on about now?

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Alan writes

Being a septic is prolly punishment enough,

although, I for one would like to see some pix involving a sharp stick and some KY jelly

coz I'm a bastard

Reply to
raden

I suggest you use a threaded newsreader. Following thread branches is much more meaningful than following posting times.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

What colour T&E do you have to use?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Just because you decided to chop a lump off yourself, you don't have take it out on me... stroppy little mare!

Advising someone to ditch OE would seems like good advice for any number of reasons. It is the number one vector for email mailware on the planet, and as a newsgroup reader it has a number of limitations - loosing message threading due to (apparently) differing posting times being just one of them.

Learn to spell? I would love to. Not sure what prompted that comment since I can't actually see anything wrong with the original post.

Reply to
John Rumm

Redmond WA - which is where Microsoft is based.

Reply to
Rob Morley

loosing should be losing

Reply to
Rob Morley

Can people please adjust to the correct times as when you are trying to read a thread they become all jumbled up and are difficult to follow. Therefore I propose a punishment......the next person to post with an incorrect time should thrash themselves 10 times with a 1m length of 2,5mm twin & earth.....severity according to how far out the clock is out. Photos required for evidence please

Reply to
mark bay

I - and, I suggest - MOST people who use the internet use MS. That means it's successful. Why is it successful? Because it works. It does what I want and I don't have a problem with what you say.

There's a difference between 'lose' and 'loose'.

You used the wrong version in your previous as well as the above post.

I rarely criticise posters' spelling, although, I reckon, most people don't give the care to spelling, grammar and punctuation as they give to, say, their personal appearance. In this case I consider that I was justified. If you can criticise others' choice of utility you're leaving the field open to criticism of the way you post.

The damning of OE by posters IS boring in that it's a constant moan. We know how the moaners feel about OE, we choose to continue using it. Your criticism isn't going to change that, in the same way that my criticism of your spelling isn't going to change your use of it, so you might as well stop being boring and go back to being your usual witty, scintillating and exciting self :-)

The same applies to me of course.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Geoff, we all know that, you don't need to tell us :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

And will it change with the new regs?