Completely OT- Legal tender

Colin Bignell wrote;

But will the no life muppets at my local parking office know that?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes.

Do you think they care? Do you think they notice?

Console yourself with the concept of "right livelihood" and the fact that they're traffic wardens, whilst you aren't.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It is indeed. Anybody who takes a stand, however small, against the petty bureaucrats wins my vote.

Reply to
Andy Hall

They often seem to be short people as well...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Great comment from a regular & valued contributor to the group. Please continue to add the same amount of positive feedback as you have in the past.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So you dont mind someone plonking their car outside your driveway entrance then MrHall?

Reply to
George

And in resident's areas often just to make money for the council.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They would find that very difficult to do.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Who said the OP had parked outside the entrance to someone's driveway?

God, how I hate 'po-faced' prats! Good on him, I say!! I'd pay in 1p's!!

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Perhaps you need a nice ex BT van ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

You won't be the first to try it and they will almost certainly have a rule book that tells them how to respond.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

It would not be the payment that was refused, only the method of payment.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Utility companies carrying out essential works are specifically listed in the regulations as exempt from waiting restrictions.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Given an experienced cashier and a counting tray, it probably won't take up much of his time.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

|George wrote: |> "The Medway Handyman" wrote in |> message

|> Small minded, petty, mean & shallow it may be - but I'm going to do it |> anyway. |>

|> You are,next time dont park in a restricted parking zone. | |Since you have no idea of the circumstances, thats a rather silly comment |isn't it?

Circumstances do not matter :-( The wording of the law does not matter :-( Logic does not matter :-( to them. Only the fact that you have been issued a ticket matters to them.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Of course. So with all of that in mind, the challenge becomes how to maximise the entertainment value.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you know the facts of this particular case?

Reply to
Bob Eager

The person taking the money will have no idea what you are griping about and all you will have done is made yourself look a bit stupid in front of someone who isn't involved.

Reply to
John

PLONK!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You didn't - that must make you a no-life muppet.

Reply to
Mary Fisher