Completely OT: Close cover before striking.

Does she swallow then ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Depends who you're sharing the 16" one with and how evenly it's been cut.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Which surely depends on the skill of the mohel?

Reply to
Rod

You're missing 44 square inches.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

You're missing 11 square inches.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

I am assuming the pizzas are round

Area Of A Circle is PI multiplied by (radius squared)

Area of two 11" Pizzas is PI x (5.5 x 5.5) then doubled = 190.0664 sq inches

Area of one 16" Pizza is PI x (8 x8) = 201.0619 sq inches.

Therefore she was incorrect, but if the pizzas were square:

11 x 11 x 2 = 242 sq inches

16 x 16 = 256 sq inches she was correct.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Sorry that should also say she was also INCORRECT

Reply to
John

I refer you to The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy and the instructions for using toothpicks. It came to this over 20 years ago.

PS - microwave ovens - not for drying pets in.

Reply to
Dave Baker

That cant be correct.

In both cases you are scaling by the same factor, its either less than two or more than two, and the factor is 16^2 /11^2 or 256/121

which is ALWAYS greater than two, by a small margin, so a 16" thing is always bigger than two 11 " things.

As in fact your maths shows, but you drew the wrong conclusions from it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ah. yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Could have been a pi. Pizza Hut _used_ to do a pie.

The Pizza Hut Priazzo Roma

Back in the 80's that was my favorite.

Ah, so to DIY ....

OMG, I'm real hungry now :-(

Reply to
Adrian C

As I said, not a lot in it...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not a lot in it I agree, but the blonde one said it was not remotely possible. I think she could just about work out 11 plus 11.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There may be a contender for this.

I have just read the spec sheet on a job I have to do later in the week.

It says

"form a hole in the ceiling, pass the cable or cables through the hole and through the rear of the lightfitting before securely attatching the lightfitting to the ceiling"

The person that wrote that is someone that obviously gets paid to do f*ck all for 8 hours a day.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Alternatively it's somebody who gets paid to dumb down the instructions sufficiently that nobody can f*ck it up. It's annoying if you're at all competent, but there's a lot of seriously clueless people about.

Reply to
Clive George

If the guy wanted to make it easy then why did he not include a wiring diagram for me? Is it possibly because I wire lights for a living and he cannot wire up a plug.

Why did his spec sheet not say just say "fit light in bathroom to current electrical regs"?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

SO you've been to Pizza Hut then

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

But was she impressed by the nine incher you showed her?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon