Completely off topic: Google StreetView

Massive update of Google's StreetView on Google Maps. Goodbye to all those diy jobs I was planning ...

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

Not just me, then...

I have done a stroke all day, what with looking at all my mate's houses and all the ones we've lived in in the past.

Reply to
Huge

I can't see anything different. What have you found?

Reply to
John

There are lots of streets included now which were previously absent, especially outside major cities.

Reply to
Huge

Real productivity killer here.

Disappointed that I am not in our street waving at the Google car, as I spotted it and waved. They also make our front door about 2 feet wide...

Get ready for the stories of people getting changed in upstairs windows etc....

David

Reply to
David

I read 95% was covered now but that might have been by population rather than streets. Certainly my town is now on it, whereas it wasn't before and areas of south London have been added.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

And the ordinary 'aerial view' has extended in coverage. We can now see the tiny village in transilvania where my wife grew up.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

I was in my front garden when the camera car visited.

Reply to
Paul Herber

misterroy

In message , Douglas de Lacey writes

Just tried the reeperbahn (in response to someone's post elsewhere)

they err ...

missed it off

Reply to
geoff

Ta for that, made a mental note of the google car position on the two times I passed it, now found myself twice on the same edition of the map, am I therfore a time traveller

Chris

Reply to
G8PSZ

incredible, innit....!

Reply to
Steve Walker

Much to my surprise we are on it as well now but there are a number of side roads and housing estates that are not covered. Judging by the trees and dead daffs it was late spring last year that they came round.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Funnily enough....

this thread provoked me to look up our house. Fine, the vehicles' number plates are blanked, I can see my bald pate sitting at the computer in the window, but if we were selling the house and prospective buyers were to use Street View, they could be put off by the apparently wavy roofline!

Reply to
Clot

Looked at my place: I wasn't at home (or at least, my van wasn't). I found it later!

What's interesting is that not only have they gone down the relatively out-of-the-way unmade road beside our Steiner School (outside which I found my van: must've been taking the nipper to school) but AWE aka the Death Camp. Though zooming in too close to it has been disabled.

Also noted that they haven't set foot (or tyre) on the University's campus.

(This is all in and around Reading BTW.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Friends of ours live in Yorkshire. In the Pennines, the last house on a very bumpy and unmade track, that goes nowhere else really. They had the google Car go up past their house last year and are on Streetview

Reply to
chris French

Yes, there's a kink in mine too. I guess they did a panorama at each location and where the two ends meet is not always stitched together correctly. The location is mamed as the house opposite in my case.

Reply to
<me9

Sadly for me, the address is correct!

Reply to
Clot

Seems they did kent Uni -

with our motorway style signs. *sigh*.

Can't spot my car in the car park though.

A friend spotted them while cycling home - he cycled around and around while they did the estates near him.

So far we've found him three times :)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Out of interest, is there a way of capturing the URL of a specific location or view? If so I haven't found it.

David

Reply to
Lobster