compact digital programmable thermostat from screwfix?

Hi, Does anyone have any experience with this? I wanted to fit it to my combi boiler, I didn't see any info on it from the makers website and screwfix don't say the model?

mikie

Reply to
Greatsage

I don't understand what you mean about fitting it to your boiler - it is a ROOM stat!

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

I fitted on in my daughter's house, It is easy to set and has good sensitivity. However, on one occasion it kept the heating on continuously.

I thought I had a big problem but it went away when I fitted new batteries. They were almost flat - but not quite bad enough to cause the indicator to give a warning.

Must admit I was surprised it could fault to "on".

Reply to
John

In the winter that is probably safer than "off"...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not enough power left to drive the relay. Battery powered thermostats use latching relays, as standard relays require a lot of power to stay energised, which would quickly run the batteries down.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Manufactured as Tower and/or branded as Horstmann. The ealier ones seemed to have the Tower brand.

Sticks out from the wall quite a bit, if you are putting it in a hall/landing/corridor then you could alternatively try this mains powered flush(ish) mounting one -

at twice the price.

Reply to
Toby

What sort of times can you set on this? I am looking for a stat where I can set one temperature in the day and one at night Also, another in the weekend day, and one more weekend night The ability to change the day and night to/from times would also be nice!

Does anyone know if this one will do this?

Thanks!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

used the screwfix one on my house & that of a friend, works a treat. several onoff's a day & work/rest days too.

Reply to
kitchenman

It does not have a simple easy to use holiday mode. That as far as I am concerned makes it a chocolate teapot.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

No experience of that one but would thoroughly recommend the Drayton range. We had one for the last couple of years (a wireless model on a combi) and it's a priority to fit one to the CH in the new house. Default settings were almost perfect and when on holiday you just set it to 'night' mode which stops the house dropping below either 8 or

16C (IIRC - depends on an dip switch inside).

More expensive than screwfix but not a lot more and better looking

Reply to
anthony james

Interesting - i'd not heard of them before. They do a remote control as a £16 extra which could be really useful if it was radio (stat in hallway, remote in lounge) but unfortunately is IR so line of sight only. Whilst not having to get up and walk upstairs to the stat might be useful line of sight control seems pointless.

Reply to
anthony james