compact digital programmable thermostat from screwfix?

Hi, Does anyone have any experience with this? I wanted to fit it to my combi boiler, I didn't see any info on it from the makers website and screwfix don't say the model?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 585&tsƒ081
cheers
mikie
Add pictures here
✖

I don't understand what you mean about fitting it to your boiler - it is a ROOM stat!
Roger
Add pictures here
✖
I fitted on in my daughter's house, It is easy to set and has good sensitivity. However, on one occasion it kept the heating on continuously.
I thought I had a big problem but it went away when I fitted new batteries. They were almost flat - but not quite bad enough to cause the indicator to give a warning.
Must admit I was surprised it could fault to "on".
--

Regards

John

"Greatsage" < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
✖
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:30:38 -0000, John wrote:

In the winter that is probably safer than "off"...
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Not enough power left to drive the relay. Battery powered thermostats use latching relays, as standard relays require a lot of power to stay energised, which would quickly run the batteries down.
Christian.
Add pictures here
✖

What sort of times can you set on this? I am looking for a stat where I can set one temperature in the day and one at night Also, another in the weekend day, and one more weekend night The ability to change the day and night to/from times would also be nice!
Does anyone know if this one will do this?
Thanks!
Sparks...
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:48:49 +0000, Sparks wrote:

concerned makes it a chocolate teapot.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
✖
Greatsage wrote:

Manufactured as Tower and/or branded as Horstmann. The ealier ones seemed to have the Tower brand.
Sticks out from the wall quite a bit, if you are putting it in a hall/landing/corridor then you could alternatively try this mains powered flush(ish) mounting one - http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/eshop/en-gb/dept_2.html but at twice the price.
--
Toby.

✖
used the screwfix one on my house & that of a friend, works a treat. several onoff's a day & work/rest days too.
--
regards
Dave Batter

Interesting - i'd not heard of them before. They do a remote control as a £16 extra which could be really useful if it was radio (stat in hallway, remote in lounge) but unfortunately is IR so line of sight only. Whilst not having to get up and walk upstairs to the stat might be useful line of sight control seems pointless.
Add pictures here
✖