Compact automatic pump for dehumidifier output?

I finally got round to buying the dehumidifier often recommended here (DD122 Simple). I'm temporarily using it upstairs but will want to move it permanently to the cellar, where I want to connect the drain hose to an "improvised sump" (bucket or plastic crate) containing an automatic flood pump to send the water outside.

A popular model seems to be the Hozelock 2n1 Flood Pump, which cuts on at a water depth of 400 mm & off at 190 mm. The specs I've seen say it's 225 X 190 mm & needs clearance of 50 mm on each side --- I'm pretty sure the "50 cm" I've seen in the PDF is a misprint for 50 mm.

The footprint is not too bad (although I'd prefer a smaller one), but I especially want a lower depth requirement --- I'm hoping to use a smallish plastic crate on the floor with the dehumidifier itself on a shelf immediately above it. I need it to be able to pump up 2 m & horizontally about 3 or 4 m. I'm not too concerned about the flow rate, since this is just for a dehumidifier rig.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
Adam Funk

How about one of these instead?

Toby

Thanks for the pointer, although I'm a bit reluctant to throw money at something on ebay with a fuzzy photograph.

I looked at boiler condensate pumps once before, but concluded they must be priced to deal with the acidity. Anyway, I've now come across this item specifically made for clearing out dehumidifier condensate. It looks pretty good to me.

Adam Funk

For half the price, I would buy the eBay one (the seller has 100% good feedback on a 50/50 buyer/seller basis), and you are covered with PayPal anyway. they are used for air conditioning units where the drain needs to be pumped.

Reply to
Toby