Commutator Skim (not DIY)

Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Reply to
John

In article , John scribeth thus

Woss the motah out of?..

Reply to
tony sayer

1 of 5 used to drive compressors. Start on 11,000 volts - then down to 8Kv when up to speed. Used for an industrial process.
Reply to
John

Colliery winding engine?

Reply to
Alang

Angle grinder? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

To die for...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer saying something like:

Drivel's Priapus.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I guess it'll take a bit more than a transformer and a file!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I saw a TV program a few years ago about old Blackpool trams being restored. Seeing the commutator turned down like that was quite satisfying.

Reply to
Graham.

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Did you spell prolapse incorrectly there ?

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, how is your prolapse? Is the Pelvis playing up? Not nimble enough to get away from the bailiffs? Life is a bummer Maxie. A real bummer. I hope it doesn't affect your Paddy bandness. That would be a bummer for you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Do the other inmates probe your anal cavity for you then, drivel ?

bet you like that

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, I have never heard of these ways. You are such a revelation. Is that what you are up to? Fantastic Maxie! Truly fantastic. This shows your zeal for knowledge. Fabulous. You will go far Maxie, you will drag yourself out of the gutter. You keep asking all those people on the streets to borrow a fiver and your dreams will come true. Or are you offering anal services for the fiver? Maxie, you are a true entrepreneur. Fantastic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel