Community Service

So they'll nick more stuff to pay the fines?

M.

Reply to
Mark

What fines? They are having to work to recoup the repair costs. Until they have worked(*) enough hours (costed at the appropiate minimum wage) they don't get their benifits back. The saved benefits is funding their labour.

(*) And I mean worked, ie completed the given task in the allocated time. The time being suffcient to do the task if you don't doss about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't get me wrong. I like your idea in theory. It's just in practise I could not see it working. Who would be willing to employ them? Who will ensure they turn up to work?

M.

Reply to
Mark

The same people who are running the Community Service system at the moment. If they don't trun up they don't get the "credits" required to get their benefits back. The longer they take to earn the required credits the longer they are going to be hungry (in theory).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice