Comment re new versions of Marmox

Marmox flavours...

- Marmox standard - XPS, eXtruded PolyStyrene core

- Marmox HD - XPS core with concrete prisms for heavy duty usage

- Marmox XT - Phenolic core, 50% higher insulation value

Marmox XPS is Class 0, self-extinguishing, 70oC continuous rated. Marmox Phenolic is Class 0, non-combustible, 150oC continuous rated.

For most applications Kingspan/Celotex are about 70% cheaper and so win out. However where space is extremely limited (tiny bathrooms, tiny kitchens, doors without architraves set against walls) the benefit of Marmox XT would be achieving decent U value on solid double brick or single brick. PIR solutions on damp walls end up "wasting" space re battens & plasterboard thickness (although slim Marmox can replace plasterboard and worth costing out before all-Marmox or even more insane all-Aerogel solutions).

Not seen XT in the UK as yet, will probably be even more (!) expensive.

Next we need "Paint-Sprayers" modified to handle plaster spraying, now that would sell in the UK :-) ... ah... piece of cake this... do the cake whilst I am at it...

Reply to
js.b1