Combis - no backup

I heard that they cost nothing at all to purchase or maintain and are all whisper quiet.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Sort of thing you'd be proud to have in your living room......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well have 2000 litres stored in the roof and a full genny backup if you want to go that far.

Reply to
IMM

A square box fits well and better into a cupboard. Silly cylinders have all sorts of boiler room crap hanging off them.

You haven't a clue.

Reply to
IMM

If you want full backup stick a portable in the garage hanging on the wall.

Reply to
IMM

Where can I get one?

Reply to
IMM

OK. So we can remind you of that next time you propose one of your harebrain heatbank schemes with three pumps, lots of valves and pipework.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think that that might make your SIP panels disintegrate to matchwood.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Should I build a water tower in the garden as well?

Reply to
Ric

In many cases a packaged solutions are available. Very nice and neat with all inside one case. the powermax, combi's and much of then Gledhill products are in neat casings.

Reply to
IMM

No it would not. SIPs are ultra strong. You didn't read did you. The e.g of Kobe in Japan.

Reply to
IMM

Depends on how far you want to go. A combi with an in-line instant electric heater is fine, with a few fan heaters stored in the loft.

Reply to
IMM

Not for last week's scheme that you made up as you went along. Unless you are manufacturing in your garage of course.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

With an extra 2 tonnes above the design spec.?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

What one was that?

Reply to
IMM

SIPs would handle 2 tons extra with ease. They are famed for their strength

Reply to
IMM

With a storage combi it would be good to be able to fit an immersion heater to the internal store, as a backup to the gas supply and boiler itself.

For a short power cut the internal store should have enough hot water to run a shower.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I guess that you have a short memory like your hero.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's good to hear. No doubt it isn;t necessary to do structural calculations either, they are that good.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall