combined tile adhesive +grout

given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

--

Gill Smith

Gill Smith wibbled on Wednesday 07 April 2010 21:54

whatever costs the least...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I prefer to use a dedicated one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Adhesives aren't usually pure white

Reply to
stuart noble

No. the better adhesives are vile coloured and plasticky.

I have used grout'n'go but a good adhesive it ain't. The advantage is that you can do a job very quickly in one shot. No need to grout later.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just like me :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Errrm. No you can't. The adhesive dries via the air gap around the tile, if you grout straight away it doesn't dry properly. Plus the pressure required to get the grout into the gaps properly can move the tiles.

Just saves buying two pots of stuff.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Stuff I used was. Homebase best. For porcelain tiles. Good stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wouldn't .... use separates. ... and don't use 'free adhesive & grout' offers ...they don't give away good stuff.

Reply to
Rick Hughes