Combined Heat and Power

Shewn. Not much used these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not so, one of our directors thought it would be a good idea to paint the whole interior of our new office grey after a visit. Matt grey, without the stainless steel & glass or flash stuff. And a horrible green sludge filled rainwater pond rather than a hi-tech lake. Hmm thanks Ron.

Reply to
Toby

Been here before. IMM is convinced that all the Ericsson patents on cellular technology were invalidated by a Tomorrow's World program which was probably based on "Mr Blue Sky" himself at BT Martlesham cobbling his own version of a Star Trek communication and claiming it worked.

First ones were in boats in Scandanavia. Then in fixed kiosks on islands.

Reply to
G&M

Right. By mobile, I meant something you could just about carry around with you. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Ericsson W10 I think it was called. 1983/4 ? Size of a breezeblock and batteries lasted minutes when in use.

Fujitsu then introduced a range of radio ICs in 1986 which revolutionised mobile design by reducing power consumption massively. These were used by most/all major players until GSM appeared.

Reply to
G&M

FWIW I completed their enquiry form after reading this and got a letter back today. Their, revised, planned launch date is Spring 2007 ;)

Reply to
Stuart Millington

Were you there ? No. Right shut up then !!

Q : what's the second biggest waste of bandwidth on Usenet ? A : Spam

Reply to
G&M

In article , Ian Stirling writes

DiMM's read the brochure?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

People are increasingly talking about doing that with solar PV too. For whoever is thinking of going PV, it is very very expensive compared to mains.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

The wonderful world of IMM. Thinks mobile phones were around before electric drills...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote | The wonderful world of IMM. Thinks mobile phones were around | before electric drills...

Today's schoolchildren probably think that Nelson texted NGLND XPCTS ...

(which in a way he did of course)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The thing is IMM can't tell Sci-Fi from reality and Dan Dare (or Buck Rogers) had communicators, whereas we had to wait for Jon Pertwee's Dr Who for the Sonic Screwdriver.

Now if there was ever a Sci-Fi gadget that needed inventing for the DIY'er, that's it.

Reply to
G&M

Fascinating. Two droids communicating with each other.

Reply to
IMM

Hmm. IMM attempt at humour.

Don't give up the day job. (whatever that is)

Reply to
G&M

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:53:06 +0100, "G&M" strung together this:

Clown in a travelling circus? Cuts plastic pipe with a rusty breadknife and shows people a bedsit with 2 combi's to howls of laughter from the audience?

Reply to
Lurch

Thing is he comes across as sounding quite knowledgeable and I used to consider his suggestions - until he starting pontificating about my own area of expertise.

Reply to
G&M

Naah. Rent boy.

Reply to