combination boiler flue site requirements / placement

Hi , i am about to purchase a combination boiler (natural gas) but require some guidence on the siteing of same with regard to the flue. questions are :-

minimum distance from an adjacent window or door, possibly on same wall or around an inner corner of the property ?

my neibours property is 3 metres from my own, what about the flue being directly opposite ?

is there a on line site that will help me ?

any recommendations for a boiler, im thinking reliability, parts availibility etc

regards bob

Reply to
burbeck

If you go to the web sites of some of the boiler manufacturers - e.g. Vaillant, Worcester-Bosch, Ideal, Keston etc. and look in the installer areas you should be able to find installation guides.

The flue positioning rules are fairly generic in terms of distances etc. although sometimes there are specifics relating to the particular flue system used.

Also, I would suggest looking at any of these manufacturers in your quest.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

These can vary by manufacturer, even though most will use the same numbers. However, check your chosen manufacturer's site for specific details in their installation guide. Be aware that a modern condensing boiler can plume noticeably. Although the plume gases are far safer and cleaner than the old style boiler's invisible plume, they are more likely to result in complaints from neighbours.

You'll need to give a lot more information about your property before a recommendation is appropriate. We need to know the size/type of property, insulation levels, number of showers/baths, preference for showers/bath, number of occupants, space available, price point etc.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

thanks andy just the info i require, bob

Reply to
burbeck

Also I think that most manufacturers have flue kits that enable the flue to discharge at the roofline. It you're installing a condensing boiler and worried that a visible plume might be a nuisance then this might be a good idea.

If you're doing this, then do check the price of these flue kits as some manufacturers charge and awful lot for them, and you can't use cheaper generic components. That might have an influence on the make and model of boiler installed.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

thanks Richard that info is useful, the boiler will have to have a roof line flue if i site it in the' ideal place', although i am now reconsidering this. i dont like the thought of the flue going up the out side wall a bit unsightly. as it will be 1metre away from a window. the other place i could put it is in the bathroom this enables me to use the standard flue, trouble is that means moving the toilet. l i might as well have a new bathroom suite as well, god this is gonna cost me an arm and a leg. oh well, in for a penny regards bob

Reply to
burbeck