combi vs conventional

:-)

and you thought Groundhog Day was just a movie....

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

You must be in the 0.1% that has problems. Move house.

Then why did you replace it?

You are making this up.

It is not, it is sizing it up a combi correctly. You obviously don't know about this.

You obviously can't figure this out.

You obviously can't figure this out.

And you lost.

You size to suit. Duh...

A combi is sized by itys flowrate. A conventional bolier by its heating requirements. Now read again "A combi in 90% of cases will have spare heating capacity".

You obviously can't figure this out.

You making this up.

You have no idea about insulation.

Many would, There are higher flowrates about that.

You know nothing of combi's to come out with a ridiculous statement.

Reply to
IMM

It doesn't the FAQ is poor.

Reply to
IMM

what, you mean one of the 60,000 then?

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

consideration.

- that cold water tanks can contain debris, insects, and vermin in the water and require periodic cleaning. The water inside can become contaminated.

- no risk of Legionella from a combi. there is from a cold water tank system.

Reply to
IMM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:02:41 +0100, "IMM" strung together this:

Says he who says combis will work without them needing wiring of any sort. Do you actually bother to read back your own posts and realise what moron you are, then continue spouting crap blissfully unaware of what an arse you actually are?

Reply to
Lurch

You obviously have not a clue. And can't read.

< snip tripe >
Reply to
IMM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:15:52 +0100, "IMM" strung together this:

Then write your own and post the URL here, we could all do with a good laugh.

Reply to
Lurch

What titillates you?

Reply to
IMM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:49:01 +0100, "IMM" strung together this:

I'm sorry, are you just writing notes for yourself or are you actually directing them at me? Would you like to re-read your earlier comments re: combis don't need wiring.

Reply to
Lurch

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:52:32 +0100, "IMM" strung together this:

Your idiotic ramblings.

Reply to
Lurch

I'm happy where I am thanks, and failure of the water supply is more common than you think.

Because I wanted a larger capacity one with better heat transfer and more insulation.

Nope. You probably forgot because the post was made in the days when you were calling yourself Adam.

This one has been well covered previously as well, and yet you persist in the notion that it's possible to override the laws of thermodynamics.

From which manufacturer's web site did you get that number?

I know the difference between common sense and bullshit

".

For them, that's fine. For others this is a large limitation and disadvantage.

So there are no disadvantages at all?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's a great deal more useful than the tripe that you pass out as "facts".

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Doesn't mean a thing. You should see some of the things that are reported as being retrieved from the water mains

There is not as long as the water in the cylinder is heated to over 60 degrees periodically.

Some boilers even have a facility to do this, while maintaining the water generally at a lower temperature.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I just read an article that might just answer your question!

It is called "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments"

you can find it here:

John Rumm

Perhaps you could add value to the discussion by posting a list of the hight flowrate combi's that are available that you are aware of?

Reply to
John Rumm

Do you understand what most mean by hot water?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I don't think he does, other than getting into it.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

The in-line heater is backup until the combi is up again. Small, simple and gives hot water one tap at a time. Some do two taps.

Reply to
IMM

Mr Pole, is this your Saturday morning hangover? Pull yourself together man.

Reply to
IMM