Combi question.

These are all middle to upper-middle market products. The only control parts you will need are the wall thermostat and timer.

Although some manufacturers are quoting long guarantees on Silicon-Aluminium heat exchangers I'll _feel_ more content with a S/S unit.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I normally try to avoid getting drawn in to ding-dong threads. However I am being referred to in this one so I better set the record straight.

I am both a Landlord ( I run two flats) and also I offer a landlords' management and maintenance service. Initially, the gas fitting stemmed from this work as a necessity (Landlords' Safety checks and gas maintenance etc). Later on I started doing additional gas fitting work for others (which extends to rather more than replacing combis).

Most of my clients tend to be small private Landlords, or very up market social landlords (e.g. Alms House Trusts). In this sector the cost is, as always, significant but reliability, tenant relations, finish, flexibility and one-call-service are as important and sometimes more so. Some of the places I work on are top of the range (for rented) with high status corporate tenants.

Ti illustrate the point that rented accom. is not automatically sqaulid, I have some photos of a one bed flat I have just finished.

PLUG: This flat is available to rent in London, N10 for £850 pcm One bedroom. GCH. Thermostatic bath/shower. Fully furnished. Almost entirely new inventory. H & C Water, & some heating 1/Oct - 31/March included. Council Tax Band C. Local shops and bus services within 100m. Nearest tubes East Finchley (Northern), Bounds Green (Piccadilly).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The hall piccie shows what looks like a 1" iron one-pipe communal heating system. I believe the toilet requires a hand wash basin. if a separate toilet.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is pure poetry compared to what you would do to ewes if you could catch them, which you can't because you trip over the cowpats in your dancing pumps.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Scotsmen and sheep. It all fits.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yup. Those roundabouts flood easily. And I suppose to an MK resident those shopping malls are a form of park. For cars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate? How very quaint. I doubt you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, it is the pits.

The place is the pits. All south London is.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message "Doctor Drivel" wrote: [snip]

Careful, Tosser.

Reply to
Jim White

I feel sorry for you. Locked in and can't move.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I agree with Dr D on the CM67 but don't buy from Discounted heating in Plymouth. I did and when it when wrong they didn't want to know. In the end Honeywell tech support replaced it.

Reply to
O.B.

;-)

Luckily the chance of Drivel moving to Wimbledon from his one bedroom council flat in MK are zero. So our houses are safe from flooding by his antics with a hacksaw.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have been promoted from a sink estate in Sarf Lahdan to a luxury pad in MK now.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel
[snip]

Well I'm off to Lake Garda tomorrow, which I think is a little more authentic than MK's flooded gravel pits, so I'll leave it to you to maintain our 'combi-free zone' in my absence :-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Jim White

You poor bastard.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nice flat!

I would lose the computer chair or get a chair mat though, as they can be damage the carpet sometimes.

Office World used to do them for £30, can't find them online but stores may still have one.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

The Office chair and desk-table is one of the few things that survived the previous tenants. If this were aimed at the Japanese corporate lettings market then such considerations might become important, however it is too far from Central Finchley (The epicentre of expat Japanese).

Ultimately after the basic size (i.e room count) and rent level the next most important aspect is proximity to a tube station in this case it about

1km to several stations. This puts a limit on it's value although I'm hoping that the current relatively high standard shoudl allow for about 100-150 pcm over the going rate.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Not the sort to do office work at home I guess...

Might be worth visiting a couple of local letting agents as a prospective tenant, to see what's available.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C