Combi query

We recently moved into a house which has a Vaillant combi boiler. We don't have a manual for it but according to the wiring diagram stuck to the inside cover it suggests that it might be a 242 or 282.
I had to bleed a radiator over the week-end & when I checked the pressure dial this morning on the boiler I realised that it has dropped below the red indicator.
I understand that I can repressurise it using a filling loop. Can somebody explain in idiot terms what this is ? Is it a valve inside the boiler which needs opening until the pressure reaches the desired level & then shut off again. If so whereabouts do I find it ? I have asked Vaillant if they could send me a manual but obviously this could take some time. Alternatively does anybody know if they are available in .pdf format anywhere ?
TIA, Dave

cock. Jon

The are two types of filling loop.
1. Internal to the boiler. These vary from make to make and usually involve turning a big plastic key to open up the water supply. The key can usually be found in your local landfill site, where the previous residents sent it when they didn't realise what it was. I don't know if the Vaillants are like this.
2. External to the boiler. These consist of a number of valves connecting the water main to the system. It should include a braided flexible hose. This hose should be disconnected, but rarely is. You connect the hose up and open the valves (sometimes 2, sometimes 1) until the pressure is high enough. Then turn off all the valves and disconnect the loop.
Christian.
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:37:57 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

The FAQ says just about everything you need to know - and a stack more.
The OP likely has a VCW 242 (2 big white stove enammeled doors - grey control panel)
This boiler has an external filling loop (somewhere). Modern Vaillants (Turbomax+ ) have an internal valve which can be operated with a small metal key or a screwdriver. More recent models have two valves earlier ones had just one.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
Thanks for the replies. As mentioned, I found the braided pipe & tap hidden at the back of a kitched base unit. The pressure has now been restored. Dave