Combi Ladders from B&Q

Had a look at these ladders - thinking of getting them -
anyone know if they are cheaper anywhere as I'ma bit of a tightarse (-;
http://www.diy.com/bq/product/product.jhtml?PRODID 8719&CATID2548
Cheers
JoeBhoy!
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:09:26 GMT, "J."

I don't know about that particular one - some of B&Q's offerings were rather flimsy when I looked.
I ended up buying this one
http://www.diy.com/bq/product/product.jhtml?PRODID 8720&CATID0157
and am quite pleased with it. It's certainly sturdy enough for my needs.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Yeah, I'll second that. I've had a pair of these in the van for a couple of years and they've been great - either as ladders, steps or a work platform (and they ARE sturdy - I'm 17 st + ) Regards, Richard

I bought that one from Focus DIY in Bracknell a couple of weeks ago - 49 if I remember correctly. I sure didn't pay 81 for it!
PoP

Neither did I. It was a while ago, and IIRC they were on offer....
There were two versions, though. One was quite chunky and has aluminium platforms with red plastic locating clips, the other had more of a fibreboard platform and I didn't like the idea of that so much.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I've certainly got a chunky version. Aluminium platforms but definitely not red plastic locating clips (dark grey as I recall).
Definitely not fibreboard platform.
Diagrams which come with this ladder do not seem to be accurate AFAICT. I can't see how one could have one end of the ladder shorter than the other end, so as to balance on stairs:
XxxxxxxxXxxxxxxX x x x X x X
PoP