Combi - Fault

Hi. I have a W-Bosch 28i which worked ok until 4pm yesterday. Then then it stopped firing up when running the hot water. And nothing at the rads.

I can't see any pilot flame inside.

The only clue is when we discovered the problem I noticed that the water pressure had gone well below 1 bar.

Whats the usual cause of such a sudden failure?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

A leak... Try topping it up as per the instrustions then monitor the pressure when cold for a while to see if you have a "leak that is a problem" or one that can be ignored. I wouldn't be concerned about a leak that only needed the topping up every 6 months or longer.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Is the pressure drop sudden - when did you last check it? When did it last need adjusting?

Reply to
John

We keep the pressure at about 1.5 and it drops slowly most of the time. I usually notice when it drops to about 1.3 so I top it up tp 1.5.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Have you topped it up again and re-lit the pilot then?

On my Combi the pilot is put out if the boiler overheats. No pilot - no main jet. I guess some are also linked to the pressure.

Reply to
John

Having topped up the pressure yesterday it hasn't dropped.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

I haven't treid to relight the pilot...haven't needed to do it before...and don't know how anyway. I switched the combi off for an hour yesterday as well.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Have you got the instructions? On reflection there probably isn't a pilot light.

Instructions are on Worcester Bosch web site:

John

Is there a reset button anywhere?

Reply to
Harry Stottle

I think there is a red thing on top.I recall {darts off to check to find a red thing on top..presses it...turns on tap...water is hot}

Thanks very much, gents.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Should find a reset button on top of the boiler on the left.

These work on electronic ignition, there is no pilot.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

In message , Arthur 51 writes

You can't - it's got electronic ignition

Any particular reason why ?

Reply to
geoff

I hadn't thought of the reset button at that stage.

Reply to
Arthur 51

In message , Arthur 51 writes

Not RTFM then ...