Combi DHW output problem

Ravenheat RSF100ET
CH operates without problem
The DHW developed the following problem earlier this evening
DHW short cycles on & off in (roughly) 30 second bursts. This can be 'cured'if the DHW control on the front panel is backed off to about 40% of its full value - which reduces the temp. at the taps to tepid. At first I thought this was an overheat problem but the overheat stat (which is resetable) has not tripped. The mains water pressure is unchanged so I have initially discounted low pressure problems. We live in a soft water area so no scaling problems.
Could this be a thermistor problem ?
Neil
Ravenheat RSF 100ET
CH operates without problem
DHW developed the following problem earlier tonight
DHW short cycles on & off in roughly 30 second bursts. This can be 'cured' by backing off the DHW control on the front panel to about 40% of its full value (which is what it is usually set at) - which reduces the temp. at the taps to tepid. The main overheat stat (which is resetable) has not tripped. The mains water pressure is unchanged so I have initially discounted low pressure problems. We live in a soft water area so no scaling problems.