combi convection

Noticed today that the upstairs radiators were slightly warm, with the c/h off, after the combi had run a bath, is this normal? The boiler's an Ideal Response.

I've not noticed this happening before in the five years or so we've had the boiler, so I'm guessing it's just convection from the combi coil and I've noticed it today as it's relatively cool and the TRVs have opened.

Reply to
bof

Whilst I'm not familiar with the mechanics of this particular boiler, if it uses a diverter valve actuated by hot water flow moving a diapghragm then this could have perished with the result that when hot water is demanded the diapghragm is failing to full shift the valve with the result that some heated water on the primary is finding circulating around the heating.

Of course not only does this likely mean the valve is on its way out but it will also mean hot water performance will be reduced.

If its diverter doesn't work like this then consider me barking up the wrong tree...

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton