Combi boilers

Yup, clip that for the dribble hot air FAQ...

Reply to
John Rumm

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:09:57 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

There are a great variety of these though and they can be assembled in different ways. If one has an unusual hot water demand, though this would be in a very large house, one can go to the sizes of calorifier seen in large installations.

Or the mains pressure, should one want. However, in most circumstances the head from a storage tank will be fine provided the rest of the system is designed and installed properly. The main exception is water for showers at high levels, but a shower coil can be fitted to a cylinder or thermal store to provide mains pressure hot water for these and other solutions are available.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:10:21 -0000 someone who may be "Doctor Drivel" wrote this:-

An expert is someone who knows how little they know about something. Only a non-expert thinks they know everything.

Reply to
David Hansen

Oh indeed. The other thing oft forgotten is how important the actual pipe runs are in a low pressure system. Each bend introduces resistance which will effect the flow.

There are a vast number of ways to crack any nut and each has their advantages and disadvantages. But what is certain is there is no 'one size fits all' solution so beloved of the dribble person. Even when that universal solution he recommends changes daily according to the latest ad he's read.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite so. If there were really one way which was so outstandingly better than any other then that would be all that was sold, installed and used.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:48:00 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

I suspect that the lack of good design, typical of so many systems these days, has led to the "put in a bigger engine" approach that so many prefer. All it takes is good engineering and low pressure systems work fine in most circumstances.

Reply to
David Hansen

Please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, do you have something to say.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..Maxie's had nice good swear ..the sort of language we should not hear. ..a courteous man? Maxie ain't ..he causes old ladies to drop and faint

..walk around Watford if you dare ..you will hear expletives through the air ..as Maxie screams out loud ..the sort of language of which he's proud ..with effs and C's and B's and T's ..directing words at old ladies

..the Plod viewed Maxie so adverse ..as he shouted out a curse ..they took this foul mouthed fatty man ..and slapped him right inside the can

..through the keyhole Maxie directed ..foul mouthed words towards the detective

..wearing a poka dot frock he did shout ..you effing bastards let me out ..the Plod had enough of this fat slob ..and rammed his frock inside his gob

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a total idiot!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In this field...me!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

An expert in a field huh....

Reply to
John Rumm

Beslubbering clapper-clawed maggot-pie.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lumpish knotty-pated puttock.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Snipped for the sake of literature.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lord of the cowpies ...

Reply to
geoff

Please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

....On the good ship Plowman they all did sail ....he was the skipper to no avail ....he sent the crew atop the mast ....until he spouted to them at last ....I'll keele haul ye, I will be jabers ....so cut the masts and make em into cabers

....because of cabers the ship did wreck ....I have my cabers said cap'n, so what the heck ... the breaking of law the police did pursue ....Cap'n Plowman was dragged into public view

....the judge did say in all his day ....a case so bad he did not sit ...."the mans a fool I will commit" ....the judge, he screamed, "an idiotic fool" ....the capn' now resides as uk.d-i-y newsgroup tool

Reply to
Doctor Drivel