Combi Boiler tips?

We have a Worchester Bosch 24i boiler that is pretty inefficient and keeps breaking down so could do with replacing (I think its about 15 years old). I have a plumber coming on Thursday to quote me for a new install and also the cost to move it to another location, it is currently in a Bedroom and we would like it moving to the kitchen. Before he comes i would like to be little prepared, all radiators have been replaced in the past 3 years so they are ok. The bedroom is directly above the kitchen so re-routing pipework shouldn't be too much of an issue, we have a standard sized 3 bedroom semi and the combi system runs 7 rads. What would be a good replacement for my boiler? Any manufacturers to avoid - i am thinking of buying another B.W. are there any comparatively priced alternatives that are very reliable with a good warranty? Cash is tight at the moment so how long would a typical straight swap take if the boiler stayed in the same location? I would estimate another day to re-route pipe work etc is this feasible? Would the system performance be affected if the boiler was moved downstairs?

Any tips/advice/comments gratefully received!!

Reply to
Tom

Buy a Remeha Avantaplus 35C. Connect the outside weather sensor - cheap enough. A quality boiler at a great price and great spec'. Remeha have just bought Baxi, sopa big outfit. Fit a Maganclean filter to the CH return.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I personally don't like Worcester boilers any more, I find them really overrated.

Whatever boiler you get just make sure that the system is properly cleaned before the new boiler is hooked up, more important the boiler choice is the quality of installation; you could have cheap Biasi properly installed on a clean system and a Vaillant poorly installed on a dirty system, the Biasi is likely to be working fine after five years whilst the Vaillant is likely to have been giving a lot of problems.

A good boiler is the Vaillant ecoTEC+ 831; you will get a slightly better hot water flow rate provided that you have sufficient incoming mains.

Reply to
David

Didn't realise it was a new month...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I personally don't like Worcester boilers any more, I find them really overrated.

Whatever boiler you get just make sure that the system is properly cleaned before the new boiler is hooked up, more important the boiler choice is the quality of installation; you could have cheap Biasi properly installed on a clean system and a Vaillant poorly installed on a dirty system, the Biasi is likely to be working fine after five years whilst the Vaillant is likely to have been giving a lot of problems.

A good boiler is the Vaillant ecoTEC+ 831; you will get a slightly better hot water flow rate provided that you have sufficient incoming mains.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Broag Remeha boilers may be good, but many people prefer to stick with boilers that are more mainstream.

Reply to
David

Given that dribble changes his mind about which is the best boiler more often than his underpants I'd ignore him. He cannot possibly be basing it on the factors most demand - like reliability, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

OK thanks, I 'll keep that in mind, BTW was he the one who used to post ages ago as IMM?

Reply to
David

Yup, and International Man of Misery^h^h^h^h Mystery, and NEWS, and Adam and probably few others.

Reply to
John Rumm

You must EFF OFF as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Broag Remeha boilers may be good, but many people prefer to stick with boilers that are more mainstream.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You must FUCK OFF as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

...and Icky the Firebobby too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Reply to
geoff

Dr Potterton Drivel has quite ring to it, don't you think?

Reply to
John Rumm

Dr Potty would suffice ...

Reply to
geoff

Worcester have a good service network and will repair faults quickly for a fixed price though.

Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

But they obviously didn't buy Drivel his Werthers Originals this month, so they're no longer in favour

I have to say though, that we're seeing an increasing proportion of Worcester fans in for repair - the bearings they use are s**te

Reply to
geoff

Hi Geoff,

Do you get many Vaillant PCB's in for repair?

Reply to
David

Yes, but not a disproportional number

Certainly not "premier league"