Combi Boiler Spec

I am just agreeing a new boiler to be fitted (so hardly DIY at all, I'm afraid).

It's for a 2 bedroom flat and it needs to heat the flat and fill the bath at a reasonable rate. At some stage, I may fit a shower, so the boiler needs to cater for that too (although not both at the same time).

Is a 28 KW boiler about right for that job? Or is it overkill?

Reply to
GB

Should give you a reasonably good shower, but I don't think any combi is particularly good at filling baths.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If you just need to have one hot tap thingy on at a time. and don't mind a not particularly drenching shower, even that is more than you need.

If an electric power shower is 'OK' at 7KW...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

28kW combi will give an excellent shower and fill a bath at a relaxed pace.
Reply to
Tony Bryer

There will be different kw for water and central heating 28kw is low for hot water in the winter (as is a 7kw eletric water heater). Aim for

32KW for HW or 13 electric
Reply to
zaax

That sounds consistent with my observations... The 24kW model I had fitted the other day gives a pretty OK shower, but is markedly affected if hot taps are turned on. If the OP goes for a 28kW boiler he won't suffer any adverse effects from it, but he might kick himself in the future for saving, what, a hundred quid by scrimping now.

Although, what about energy conumption?

David

Reply to
Lobster

If a 24kW model can't run a shower and tap simultaneously I can't see a

28kW one doing so either.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

that's exactly why I am getting 37kW one - just to be able to run shower and ONE tap at the same time, 200-300 extra doesn't make such a big difference and capacity is there should you ever need it ...

I am sure most of the new boilers will modulate it's output for central heating, so 37kW model will burn the same amount of gas as

24kW one (at leat for central heating).
Reply to
olo