Combi boiler recommendations

Well strangely enough, I had to fill a new bath to the brim to check the overflow was working correctly today. It used over 320L. Allowing for normal usage, this small bath would have required around 200L with an average person bathing(75Kg) so 80-100L is more likely to be the case for someone using the kitchen sink to bathe the baby in!!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Not so.

Reply to
IMM

The message from Andrew Chesters contains these words:

2 defences. First average baths are getting larger as well as average bodies thus the water needed to fill in the part of the bath not occupied by the body also gets larger. The second that the median (also an average) body size hasn't grown to any great extent while the proportion of bodies that are gross or very gross like Fat Bastard has.
Reply to
Roger

ROTFL......

For your next project, how about arguing that black's white.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

So why don't you quote the dimensions of your 'average' bath Fat Bastard? Then we could calculate how fat you really are.

Oh you can't? So dim you can't even measure up a both.

Reply to
Roger

You can give us the low down on how to do it as you are the most experienced person I know in this black and white field.

Reply to
IMM

< snip drivel >

Not worth reading.

Reply to
IMM

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of

80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?
Reply to
John Rumm

You can buy body jet and drencher showers which take 40 litres/min. But the average shower is still only about 7-8 litres/min.

Reply to
IMM

Very interesting.... but you seem to be answering a different question.

Could I have a link to some of these baths you keep mentioning please?

Reply to
John Rumm

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which are far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy states.

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

John, the answer to the question is "No, I can't support my statement with any facts" feel free to cut and paste this

Reply to
.

The nation is getting obese we are told. So one would expect bath sizes to be increasing not decreasing.

Reply to
Markus Splenius

No, I am saying please post some links to these baths that you keep talking about. I would like to see some. If they are "average" as you claim there must be lots to choose from.

Reply to
John Rumm

The answer is, he should look,

Reply to
IMM

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

Actually dIMM has given the game away above - "baths which are far too large, that is the norm". To most of us at least the norm is practically synonymous with average. But given the context what dIMM means by either is very much open to interpretation.

Reply to
Roger

misinformation not worth reading.

Reply to
IMM

Or if they replace their bathroom, as I just have, and they are generously proportioned, as some might say I am, they put in a decent sized bath.

It's phenomenal how much more comfortable an 1800x800 is compared to a standard 1700x700; quite how 10 cm lets you stretch out so much more is hard to fathom - pythagorous obviously

In passing, I'd recommend a big bath to anyone refitting a bathroom. After all, most people don't bath every day - that's what a shower if for, but when you are having a bath it's a bit of luxury. The extra space makes a huge difference. All I need to do now is get the lighting right to read in there. And it's big enough for two if you are feeling sociable.

Oh, and that holds, according to the manufacturers, 225l. Just a tad more than 80-100.

Reply to
Nick Atty

Absolutely. If you just want to get clean, shower. For a leisurely soak in a bath - with perhaps a good book or play on the radio, glass of something in hand, who wants a cramped bath with only a dribble of tepid water in it? Apart from IMM, of course, but he's barking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)