Combi Boiler - Pumping, but no heat

Hi, I have a combi boiler that has the following symptoms:

  1. it either works perfectly or
  2. the pump kicks in, but the heating flame doesn't start (the relay that starts this process doesn't kick in). Neither hot water, or heating works when this happens.
  3. However, just giving the front of the combi boiler a tap normally gets it to kick in
  4. If this doesn't work, just letting in a bit of water to the system when turned off, can kick it in as well.
  5. Once it has kicked in once, it will then always work until it has been off again for a number of hours.

I don't think that it is circuit board related, as once it starts, it will stay working indefinately.

Also, it is a Winchester boiler.

Anyone got any ideas of what the problem might be. I'm thinking some sensor could be clogged, so I'm going to clean the system with some ferrox type stuff, and see if that helps.....am I going down the right lines, or is my boiler about to die?

Many thanks

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

whats the system pressure ? is the fan running when it fails to light

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony