combi boiler pressure down - help please

we had a radiator removed and since then the pressure has shot down to zero, with no hot water as well. when thr radiator is put back on, and the air is taken out of the radiators, will the pressure become normal or is there anything else to take into consideration? its a valiant 800 series combi boiler. cheers

Reply to
One Man Show

You have to re-charge the system pressure via the filing loop. The boiler gauge should be 1 bar after filling. Re-check for air in the system occasionally and re-charge to suit. Once al the air is out, all should be fine. If the pressure props then you have a leak somewhere.

Reply to
IMM

In message , One Man Show writes

that's top be expected, though not entirely necessary unless the system has had to be drained as well.. If the valves are closed down at each end of the rad then the system should stay pressurized - I've had a rad off of the wall in one room since end of Feb with no problems on the rest of the system.

With no pressure the HW is stopped as well.

Should do. The system will need to be pressurized - normally by filing the system from the mains via a 'filling loop' - a metal braided pipe connected between the mains and the heating circuit, usually somewhere underneath the boiler.

How long as the rad been off and the system down (I assume that from your wording someone else - a plumber or someone is doing the job) If was going to take more than one day, and unless the situation made it impossible I would have expected them to have re-pressurized the system so you could have your HW back on.

Reply to
chris French

See below.

Reply to