Combi boiler poor flow rate

A relative has a Worcester 9.24 electronic RSF combi boiler. She has been complaining about poor hot water flow rate for some time and how long it takes to fill a bath. With the hot tap wide open and water running hot, I measured the flow rate into a container and got 5.25 litre/min in the bathroom, 4.8 litre/min at the kitchen hot tap down stairs. (Boiler upstairs) This is on the "Summer" setting. The manual quotes flow rates 9 litre/min Summer, 7 litre/min Winter. The rate I am getting is therefore less than 60% of what it should be.

I have not measured the incoming mains water pressure as I don't have a gauge. (maybe could get one at B&Q that will screw into the washing machine tap?) However the kitchen sink cold tap gave a healthy blast.

The boiler is due a service in a couple of months but I don't think that is going to make much difference as she said it was poor even after the last service (burner pressure, etc.ok)

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Rockydell

Reply to
Rockydell

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:06:07 +0100 someone who may be Rockydell wrote this:-

Has it always been a problem, or has she become more sensitive to the low flow rate? If it has not always been a problem when did it start? Did it start suddenly?

Reply to
David Hansen

She has only been in the house about 2 years. I think it has always been slow. It has only become an issue in the last couple of days because the electric shower died. The shower was installed by the previous owners. Don't know if it was because of the boiler or just their own preference.

BTW checked flow rate from cold taps in bathroom. These were delivering about 14 to 15 litre/min.

Reply to
Rockydell