combi-boiler placement, and other questions....

Am looking to purchase a house that has a part finished extension.
The extension has the walls completed (But not plastered internally), the windows are in and the roof is on... so it's and empty shell.
Now, I'm guessing that the current (6 yr old) boiler might not be man enough to drive the 4 new radiators we'll put into the extension (2 rooms x 2 floors) so we would like to replace it with a brand new combi.
Question is..
current boiler is downstairs, and hot water tank is in the bathroom... Could the new combi-boiler be installed downstairs or do they need to be upstairs as they are gravity fed (or not?)...
Now...
If we can remove hot water tank from bathroom, and move things around a bit....
Then I'd like to use both of the new upstairs rooms as bedrooms, not using one as a 2nd bathroom like the plans show. If I dont wish to complete the extension (internally only) the same way as plans showed, do I have to inform the locally planning dept etc.... or is that just for external stuff?
tone wrote:

normally fitted downstairs

a combi) then you want to go for a higher powered combi than the basic 24kW else you hot water flow rate wil be dissapointing in a larger property.

Don't know what the actual regs are now but this is what I did some years ago. I would have thought they wouldn't care so long as all modern building regs have been met.

Combi's are pressurised, so can go anywhere, even down the garden if you like.,

Not sure on that. Maybe someone else can answer that.