Combi-boiler or stored?

Indeed. I can't think that more than 1% of gravity based systems would satisfy me for a shower, although oddly, my mother's downstairs shower would have been close had I installed it before the mains pressure cylinder went in (thin 4 storey Victorian house). That would have had about 9m head, which would probably have sufficed. Either a pump or mains pressure is required normally.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I love everyone.

Reply to
IMM

< snip a mentalist >
Reply to
IMM

Excellent! If this were the 60s we could break out the spliffs now :->>

Pity I missed it really...

Timbo

Reply to
Tim

Andy, a failure is a failure.

Reply to
IMM

I guess that you'd know more about that than me.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

... and the boiler fits on its side. Space saving is important in the bush. A win-win situation..... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Of course, I am marking.

Reply to
IMM

Time?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall
[26 lines snipped]

*grin*

And disposing of the waste water was easy, too. You stand on duckboards and the waste runs out under the tent...

Reply to
Huge

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Yes, Andy's resilience really does go above and beyond the call of duty, we should nominate him for an honour, perhaps for services to care in the community...

Reply to
David

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

You don't live in a bungerlow, do you?

mike

Reply to
mike ring

"IMM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

UPA 15/90

I'm not going to embarass myself by telling you what I paid - it was rather less than list, but I'm sure rather more than everyone else here could have got it at!

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Whilst your existing boiler is nigh on indestructible [1]. I think it is fair to say the combi boiler is no more unreliable that other modern high-tech boilers. Modern boilers especialy combis incorporate many of the components which were spread out around the rest of the house in a conventional system.

Reliability is not a consideration when deciding combi or not. Modern boilers probably save enough gas to cover their higher repair costs.

[1] My own did not even burn out a thermocouple in 14 years. However I had to deal with a scaled shut float valve at least twice, an over-flowing header tank at least once. Also 2 pumps. The usually reason for the death of a back boiler is severe corrosion due to installation errors or themrostat failure leading to excitement and consequent loss of customer peace of mind. They also are some of the most inefficient designs of boilers in use. So you have been paying for its 'upkeep' with +25% (or more) on your gas bills. In my own home we have gone from £480 to £350 for the year. GlowWorm Galaxy BBU to Keston C25 + tank and wall thermostats.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

No - nor a flat. But the idea of needing 30 ft of head is ridiculous.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's because one of these people knows what he is talking about, and the other likes to think he does. Of the readers following the "banter", those who also know what they are talking about, realise this and it is merely a source of amusement.

Unfortunately, the novices who read this for guidance and information lap it all up and I fear some get seriously misled.

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

There was no timer limit to the test either, and you still failed.

Reply to
IMM
< snip mentalism >

< snip mentalism >
Reply to
IMM

He lives on a sink estate.

Reply to
IMM

That is my fear, that is why I interject when blatant misinformation ism given put.

Reply to
IMM