Combi boiler getting too hot (so cycling)

Sounds like it's doing everything it should except the anti-cycling delays. How much do you trust the manual to be right? (Um...) Where do you think the delay is implemented? (ON the PCB I'd guess). Is there any adjustment for it? (Unlikely).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Most likely an electrolytic capacitor on the pcb has dried out and lost capacitance, reducing the delay to next to nothing.

Reply to
<me9

Hmm, interesting. If I had a spare PCB, I'd probably risk replacing every such capacitor and trying it. On my only one, though, I think that's a step too far for me! :)

Reply to
Richard Walker

Yes, although I'm still concerned about having to back-off the DHW temperature. It could all be connected to the short CH loop getting too hot too quickly.

Not much, to be honest. There seem to be several mistakes, and it must be a poor translation from another language (Italian?).

Nope, although there is a trimmer to adjust the max. flame used for CH. I suppose I could turn this down a bit, but then the rads wouldn't get nice and hot in ten minutes.

Also, the boiler has a room stat, but it's in a cold zone, so it always calls for heat. I'm going to try getting a wireless one and positioning it elsewhere. I guess that this might reduce the cycling.

Cheers, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Walker