Combi Boiler advise required... Help!!!

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the existing conventional boiler with a new combi boiler to save space.

The house has three bedrooms, 7 rads in total, and 1 bathroom.

I'm looking for a mid range boiler, with descent performance. I have looked at Biasi, Baxi, Ideal etc...

What I need to know is what are the key things to look for when buying and where is the best place to buy???

Thanks in advance.

MrMark

Reply to
MrMark

Please look back at previous threads.

Before doing anything, check the mains water flow rate to avoid disappointment. A minimum of 20 litres per minute is needed to get reasonable performance.

Decent performance starts at 13-15 litres per minute from a combi for the environment that you describe, more would be better.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Look at current thread named "Combi fans: is bigger better".

Reply to
IMM

Make sure it is condensing and at least 28kW, preferably more.

Good midrange makes with good condensing products include:

Ideal. Worcester Bosch. Vaillant.

There are others. I believe even Glowworm are slowly recovering their reputation with their latest models.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Glow Worm is very good. They are owned by Vaillant using Vaillant parts inside.

Reply to
IMM