Combi boiler

Page 1 of 2
Hi, I have installed a combi boiler with sealed central heating radiators. At presant one radiator does not have a thermastic radiator valve, can I fit one? The rest all have thermastatic valves.
Geth

Depends on how the boiler is being controlled. There needs to be a way of turning the CH side of the boiler off completely when the whole house is hot enough. The usual way is to have a room stat in the same room as the radiator which *doesn't* have a TRV. Is your system like this? If so, *don't* fit a TRV to the final radiator - otherwise it and the room stat will conflict with each other.
If you *don't* have a room stat but you *do* have TRVs on all radiators, there needs to be an automatic by-pass valve which enables water to continue flowing when all the TRVs are shut. There also needs to be an interlock - based on a flow switch which shuts the boiler down when the by-pass valve opens. This is quite difficult to achieve in a way which enables the boiler to start up again when one or more TRVs opens - and shouldn't be attempted unless you know what you are doing.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

answer to your question yet. the experts are still waiting to give their EXPERT opinion for free.
had you said you had bought a boiler with a manual in a foreign language in the first place, I might have not been so rude (to which I apologise), I might just have fell off my seat with laughter. rob
Really strange that you would lower yourself to posting on a DIY site isn't it.
I tried to get somebody to install a combi boiler in early December but ended up doing it myself as I couldn't get anyone to do it before Christmas.
One company I rang (with a full page ad in the yellow pages - no job too big or too small!) told me on the phone that they couldn't do it because I'd hung the boiler on the wall - they "couldn't stand by anyone elses work"! Another company - the local gas 'experts' did call to the house but the guy who looked at it nearly had a fit - "it's a combi!" he said - "I'll have to ring the boss". So he rang the boss and then told me "Sorry but we can't touch it - combis don't work too well in this area".
So I ended up doing the job myself and after a few teething problems it's now working perfectly.

"Frank McGuire" wrote | Another company - the local gas 'experts' did call to the house | but the guy who looked at it nearly had a fit - "it's a combi!" | he said - "I'll have to ring the boss". So he rang the boss and | then told me "Sorry but we can't touch it - combis don't work | too well in this area".
ROTFLAO
Perhaps combis don't work too well because he's talking about his own workmanship.
Owain

Rolling On The Floor Laughing At Otters?
"Steve Firth" wrote | Owain wrote: | > ROTFLAO | Rolling On The Floor Laughing At Otters?
Rolls on the floor laughing aloud 'orribly?
Damn, I know that didn't look quite right.
Owain
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:36:00 +0000, Owain wrote:

What? Acid rain eat my boiler! Pull the other one.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

writes

1. Are you the 'professional builder' who dropped so much mortar into the cavity on my house that the level of mortar is about 8 inches *above* the DPC all the way round. 2. Are you the same 'builder' who dropped as much mortar down the precast flue blocks that the offset bit was effectively 75% blocked up ?. 3. Are you the Corgi 'pro' who, some time later attempted to remove the blockage from the pre-cast flue blocks via the 45 degree entrance block and succeeded in knocking a hole in the rear wall of the flue block above it into cavity, then putting it all back together and disappearing off into the blue yonder ?. (leaving the back boiler to use the cavity as a 'flue')
--
Andrew

But on your 100 quid an hour on a bad day, surely you can afford a new house?

Yup. Ban everybody from doing anything other than their own job - all controlled by little CORGIS. Except that with all that regulation, there'd be no one left to actually do the work.
--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Nice one Andy
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 00:52:38 +0000 (UTC), "Jim"

I'll vote for Andy if he puts his name forward to become an MP. The house of commons has a great shortage of people who talk common sense.
PoP
(remove $ )> wrote:

Well Andy is not the one then.

Since the commons were mentioned and MPs get elected by a simple majority of those who vote, would you like to put the above statement to the same test?
--
*I have a degree in liberal arts -- do you want fries with that

Let me explain. I can't read the manual as it is in technical FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Produced by an Italian company who will not reply to an email. I have fitted at least five gas boilers all working very well in previous homes. This current boiler has been tested and APPROVED!!!!!!!!! by a french plumber and passed with a certificate. I asked a simple quetion expecting a reasonable reply. Many that I have read have been just that. I have qualifications in many subjects such as electronics, computers, building my own cars, rebuilding a lotus etc.
Many thanks for the nice replies from nice people and DIY'ers
On 9 Feb 2004 10:57:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Geth) wrote:

Mon Dieu. Je crois que vous avez un probleme, nest'ce pas?

C'est comme le doc. d'un moto Japonais ou une machine a coudre Italienne.

Oui, mais le plombier francais a approuv le Saniflo, un appareil de la grande merde et le Diable.

Tant pis pour vous.
Yous etes a la crique de la merde sans palette.
Je vous propose de jetter cette piece d'excrement dans le skip et d'acheter une chaudire Allemande.
Vous ne serez pas "Ausgeficht"

Je vous en pris
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
"Geth" wrote | Let me explain. I can't read the manual as it is in technical | FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
fr.rec.bricolage iz zataway ===>
Owain