combi boiler

i have just fitted a new combi boiler it is wired and ready to go except for corgi gas man to connect gas. I tried to fill system with water , yes the power is on, but i cannot fill system or the boiler, RAVENHEAT T24 BOILER, i phoned tech dept for help but they wont as i am not Corgi reg's. Help anyone. Smudge

Reply to
smudger

i have just fitted a new combi boiler it is wired and ready to go except for corgi gas man to connect gas. I tried to fill system with water , yes the power is on, but i cannot fill system or the boiler, RAVENHEAT T24 BOILER, i phoned tech dept for help but they wont as i am not Corgi reg's. Help anyone. Smudge uk

Reply to
smudger

As being corgi has bugger-all to do with filling a boiler, I would ring them back,but if you unwrapped the boiler, you should have the install books

Reply to
EricP

You don't tell us why you can't fill the boiler...... Normally there are two valves to open, connected at one end to the cold water pipe, and the other to the CH flow or return pipe, or the fillig loop may be built in to the boiler, which may require a special key to operate the valves ( should be supplied ). Then when both valves are open watch as the pressure rises to about 1.5 bar and turn off valves. Bleed air out of radiators, turn filling loop valves back to open, pressurise to 1.5 bar, close valves, bleed radiators etc until all air is gone.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Well, what exactly did you try and what happened when you tried? Did you forget to install a filling loop? ;-) We're rather short on clues here...

In any case, the parts of the system other than the boiler are not reallt within their scope.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

thanx all, i have fitted fill loop, the pressure gauge dosent move as there seems to be no water at all going in . i have disconnected flow from boiler, this is dry, have checked all inlet and outlet valves are open, the loop is fitted right way, undone and vented rads, no joy

Reply to
smudger

Which way does the arrow point on the fill loop double check valve, towards the heating system or towards the detachable fill loop? If you take the detactable fill loop off, can you get any# water out of the supply valve?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

See FAQs

Reply to
Ed Sirett

through your help i have resolved the problem, being a first class KNOB HEAD, the loop was connected to the domestic cold not the return heating, well dun all, good site this i shall be back when i f**k something else up. thanx all smudger

Reply to
smudger