Coloured woodstain

I've heard that you can get exterior woodstain in different colours other that woody colours, including white. Is this true? - I can't find anything on google. I'm mainly interested in white because the house is listed. Any info and links would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Use the best:

dom

The Medway Handyman

I should have said - this is for bargeboards, fascias etc. - not really garden shades territory I don't suppose.

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Reply to
Scabbydug

Try Sadolin white woodstain. Finish is satin. I discovered it through this group a few years ago and used it on my fascias and bargeboards. It is an acryllic product wich it states is not for areas of high wear. All it requires is removal of loose parts of the existing finish. My application lasted about 5 years and an advantage is that it does not peel

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

When you say it just requires removal of loose parts of existing finish - do you mean any finish - like paint?

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

yes - go into a decorators supplier (in south Hampshire I use Brewers) and ask to see a tin

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm