coloured silicone sealant

About 5yrs back I fitted our bathroom suite and managed to buy some tubes of light grey silicone sealant for the edges. The standard grey found nowadays in large tubes is too dark. I had to remove the basin a couple of weeks back to fit new taps ( shmbo wants chrome fittings now ! ) but can't find any light grey sealant at the likes of B&Q/doitall/wickes/screwfix etc
Have you any idea where I can buy some ?
--
Pete Cross

Do let us know if and when you finally locate some - I need a tube to tidy up the gaps in some vinyl floor tiles I have laid recently. Light grey would be ideal, something darker ok after a fashion, but B&Q Depot only stock ivory and black as far as I can see. They *do* have some exorbitantly expensive coloured little tiny pots of something in amongst the kitchen worktop filler strips, etc. I have some black "soot" (it's a grout colouring) which I have used for grout and pva glue, but I think it's going to be a right messy job trying to darken up some white sealant.
--
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

Mail john rather than nospam...
I found some black at my local plastice supply company, they had a whole range of colours. It was not a brand that you see in the sheds. Its ther only place I know where to get black from.
Rick

<snip> >

tidy
exorbitantly
going
range of colours. It was not a brand that you see in the sheds. Its ther only place I

Wasn't Trend, was it?
I've just had to splash out rather more than I wanted (5) on a smallish tube of black Trend worktop sealant for filling a gap between the new floorboards and mortar (dyed black) under the slate hearth.
Didn't take much interest in the other colours that they had in, but Mary at D&M would be able to tell you 'cos that's where I got it from (www.dm-tools.co.uk).
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson

If you need it again, RS do a range from Bostic and have black: RS341-0955 high modulus acetoxy cure 3.03+vat RS341-0983 low modulus neutral cure - 3.47+vat http://rswww.com
Also polyurethane in black (harder apparently) but at 9quid a pop.
--
fred

I got black recently from one of the sheds. Can't remember which as it must have been the first one I went to. Probably Wickes.
--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Cheers Brad, Silver grey Mapesil AC from http://www.countyconchem.co.uk/colours/colours.htm is just the job.
Thanks Pete
London SW 12

of