Colour sample

I will shortly be having a towel radiator fitted, finished in Marine Blue RAL 5002.

What is the easiest (and cheapest) way to get hold of an accurate colour sample to check the match when selecting other items?

I can hardly walk round with the radiator, and in any case I need to get stuff before it arrives.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Isn't RAL 5002 a specification in its own right - like Pantone

Reply to
John

Yes it is, but knowing that doesn't help as, for instance, I go round a tile showroom wanting to check which glass tiles will look good with that colour.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

There is a RAL colour charts here:-

idea how accurate the onscreen representation will be though. RAL

5002 looks like RGB 0,5,74 if Photoshop is to be believed.
Reply to
John Rumm

Looks to me like RGB 7.8 5.8 27 expressed as percentages or 140f45 in hex

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

IME this has been a hopeless approach, as printer density setings vary quite a bit. I dont think there is a quick easy solution, unless you can get them to send a bit of this ral5002 upfront, or find someone able to supply such.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton