Colour of central heating water

I fitted an extra radiator in my house the other day. Some of the existing water leaked out into a bowl during the process. I was surprised at the colour: like oxtail soup (though not as thick!) or like stewed tea with only a drop of milk in it. Is that normal?
I think I drained and flushed the sytem about two years ago, and refilled it adding some Fernox descaling ant-corrosive aditive.
TIA,
Ed Boone

Just be grateful it isn't jet black and thicker than oxtail soup!
Christian.
On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:55:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@digdilem.org (Simon Avery) wrote:

Simon, Thanks for the reply. Is the brown colour rust? Or is it the attitive? I'm trying to decide whether to flush and refill.
Ed