Cold window sill

My bedroom has 3 outside walls and never seems warm despite the radiator being on full. The walls feel cold to the touch but I noticed that the window sill , which is tiled , is absolutely freezing despite being above the radiator. The window is double glazed and does not feel unduly cold.
Any ideas what I can do to warm things up, especially with regard to the window sill? I dont think I have cavity walls butif I have they will be insulated .
Thanks
Chris
On 16 Dec 2003 05:06:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@cantor.co.uk (chris n) wrote:

If the walls are solid they will probably be a larger source of heat loss than the windows ever were.
The short answer would be to insulate the walls. If they are solid, then the least space consuming solution is polyisocyanurate sheet (Kingspan, Celotex are brand names) which can be put up using a timber frame and plasterboard added on top. 50mm of this would get you reasonably close to modern insulation standards if the wall is a solid one.
If they are cavity, then cavity insulation would be easier.
Just one question. If you don't know whether you have cavity walls, how do you know if they are insulated?
How old is the house?
(That's two questions)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I read it that he would insulate the walls if they were found to be cavities. Obviously, if they were insulated, the room wouldn't be cold!
Christian.
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:31:37 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

I see what you mean. Could be either
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On 16 Dec 2003 05:06:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@cantor.co.uk (chris n) wrote:

Have you got a loft above the bedroom? Might be worth checking to see if you've got a decent amount of loft insulation up there.
Could also be due to underfloor as well - if the bedroom is built over a cold garage or something that could be another place to look for improvement.
PoP

You have a ghost, and the epicentre of the paranormal activity is your windowsill; get an exorcist in!
Andy :-)