Cold Water Tank Connector

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question: I'm putting in a power shower and running a new pipe from the cold water tank to the pump. I have the tank connector but was just wondering what's the best way of using it. In other words can I just cut a hole and screw it on or do I have to use any rubber washers / silicone?

It's like this one:

if this is stupid question.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Reply to
ANON

You need to cut a hole very carefully using a hole saw - definitely not a spade bit, carving knife or anything like that.

Make the hole a little below the level of the connector used for the hot water cylinder take off. That way, if the tank empties, the shower will go cold rather than hot.

Clean off any swarf around the hole.

You certainly need a rubber washer. I then used some silicone sealer on the flange, then washer, then more sealer and insert into tank. More sealer on nut on the outside and tighten.

You will need a suitable wrench to grip the tabs of the fitting on the inside, then tighten the nut against it. Then you will neeed to grip the inside tabs again when you do the pipe connection. Do that before the silicone cures and make sure that all is tight.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall